[Dovecot] emails getting mangled when dragging from Exchange account to IMAP shared folders

Scott Goodwin meatsandwich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 01:18:30 EET 2010

FYI, I got rawlog working and it shows the same break in the raw logs as in
the broken headers.
Below is a snippet from the rawlog (names and other identifiers redacted).
 The offending sequence is always in the References headers section, and you
can see the line breaks there that show this.  So it sounds like this can't
be an issue with Dovecot, am I right?
I wish I could get this figured out.  Such a headache....
*sigh*

Thanks!

poht IDLE
DONE
slwf LIST "" "INBOX"
36oi LSUB "" "*"
2by6 IDLE
DONE
p5dx SELECT "shared.IT"
uz85 FETCH 6 (UID)
f925 UID FETCH 1:51 (UID FLAGS)
kd5i IDLE
DONE
y9u7 UID FETCH 51 (UID FLAGS BODY.PEEK[])
qoyj IDLE
DONE
rfxa UID STORE 51 +FLAGS (\Deleted \Seen)
h8ly IDLE
DONE
fe4g EXPUNGE
fauq IDLE
DONE
1wa2 UID FETCH 49 (UID FLAGS BODY.PEEK[])
6403 IDLE
DONE
luq8 UID FETCH 50 (UID FLAGS BODY.PEEK[])
700u IDLE
DONE
jl6b APPEND "shared.IT" (\Seen \Answered) " 2-Nov-2010 11:46:19 -0700"
{12898938}