[Dovecot] Ongoing performance issues with 2.0.x

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Fri Nov 5 17:00:34 EET 2010

* Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>:

> I uploaded a preliminary screenshot with comments:
> http://www.arschkrebs.de/bugs/dovecot.png
>
> During the night we're using clamdscan to scan mailboxes for viruses,
> this results in the big block of system & user from 0:00 until about
> 08:00

Yesterday (08:00-18:00)
http://www.arschkrebs.de/bugs/postamt-last-04.11.2010.png
system peaking at 90%, almost no user, little iowait
load peaking at 40 (15 minute average)
Dovecot 2.0.6

Today (08:00-16:00)
http://www.arschkrebs.de/bugs/postamt-last-05.11.2010.png
system contantly low, even at noon (30%), almost no user, little iowait
load peaking at 5 (15 minute average)
Dovecot 1.2.15

same users, same machine, same network, same kernel, same ram
Different dovecot version...

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin