[Dovecot] dovecot.conf settings

Mark Moseley moseleymark at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 21:27:35 EET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 06:35 -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
>> OK - I'm not sure how they get set that way. I must have copied
>> something. Here is my new settings. Is there anything else to change or add?
>>
>> service imap-login {
>>    process_limit = 800
>>    process_min_avail = 10
>>    service_count = 0
>> }
>> service pop3-login {
>>    process_limit = 800
>>    process_min_avail = 10
>>    service_count = 0
>> }
>
> The above process_limits are still much higher than useful. They aren't
> really harmful, but could be confusing.. I'd just remove them and let
> them be defaults (default=100).

Just FYI on the odd imap-login vsz_limit, if I don't specify a
vsz_limit for either pop3-login or imap-login, they show up as '64 B'
for me too. That appears to be what's hardcoded as the default in
./src/imap-login/imap-login-settings.c and
./src/pop3-login/pop3-login-settings.c. Should that be jacked up?