[Dovecot] Debian package init scripts

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Nov 18 01:13:27 EET 2010

On 11/17/2010 09:02 PM, Jan Behrend wrote:
> Dearest list,
>
> I am using dovecot with heartbeat-2 and I noticed that the init scripts
> in the Debian packages from http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ do not
> conform to the LSB standard:
> http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.1/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptact.html
> E.g. the return code for "program is not running" is not 3.
>
> Is there is special reason for this?

Well, none in particular. The automated packages from Xi are directly
and (mostly) automatically based on the official Debian packages. I
haven't modified the init scripts and therefore it is not likely that
this problem is specific to the automated packages. So, please verify
whether this (mis)behavior is also present in the official packages and
report the bug over there (don't report without verifying first!).

And, what version did you install.. v1.2 or v2.0?

Regards,

Stephan.