[Dovecot] ldap passdb + mdbox

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Mon Nov 22 05:15:58 EET 2010

I previously had a static userdb and an ldap passdb.  Everything's been
working fine, both 1.2 and 2.0 - but now I need to support the nightly
mdbox purge operation.  I added the iterate params to my ldap
configuration, but (I'm guessing) that with a defined static userdb it
won't work.

How should I setup my ldap userdb?  Do I use prefetch?

Current config:

passdb {
   driver = ldap
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
}
userdb {
   driver = static
   args = uid=vmail gid=mail home=/var/mail/%d/%n
mail=mdbox:/var/mail/%d/%n/mdbox allow_all_users=yes
}

dovecot-ldap.conf:
## dn credentials shouldn't be needed since using auth-bind - but here
anyway
dn = xxx,dc=amfeslan,dc=local
dnpass = xxx
##
auth_bind = yes
auth_bind_userdn = uid=%n,ou=users,dc=amfeslan,dc=local
ldap_version = 3
base = ou=Users, dc=amfeslan, dc=local
user_attrs = dbox:%d/%n/Maildir=mail,%d/%n=home
user_filter = (mail=%u)
pass_attrs = mail=user,userPassword=password
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(mail=%u))
iterate_attrs = mail=user
iterate_filter = (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(mail=*))

--
Daniel