[Dovecot] Doveoct crashes: UID

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Tue Nov 23 10:57:55 EET 2010

We're running Dovecot 2.0.2 and sometimes a user creates several imap-
prozesses, all of them hanging with the UID-command, using 100% of the
CPU resources:

root at mail:~# ps ax | grep UID
 8005 ?    R    266:52 dovecot/imap [user at example.com 192.168.5.5 UID]
10342 ?   R    250:33 dovecot/imap [user at example.com 192.168.5.5 UID]
10539 ?   R    248:28 dovecot/imap [user at example.com 192.168.5.5 UID]
11150 ?   R    245:03 dovecot/imap [user at example.com 192.168.5.5 UID]
11525 ?   R    243:55 dovecot/imap [user at example.com 192.168.5.5 UID]

This situation is triggered by two users only. Looks like their
mailclient is sending a special command, that triggers the crash.

Is it a bug or another problem?

Is this a bug already fixed in Dovecot 2.0.3?

	- Fixed an infinite loop introduced by v2.0.2's message parser changes.

Unfortunetaly I can't try an update at the moment. :-(

Peer

--
Heinlein Professional Linux Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

http://www.heinlein-support.de
Tel: 030 / 40 50 51 - 0
Fax: 030 / 40 50 51 - 19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin