[Dovecot] LDAP Filter

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 23 17:45:22 EET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 19:17 +0530, Joy wrote:
> Dear All,
>               All my users reside in ldap and i am using filter to
> restrict access to imap and pop service which is working good but as
> my webmail also uses the imap service, restricting imap will also
> cause my users to login to webmail. I am looking for a way to bypass
> the same for a particular ip or loop back ip.

Maybe (|(webmail allowed filter)(%r=127.0.0.1))? I don't know if LDAP
filters allow that. %r anyway expands to remote IP and %l to local IP.

With v2.0 you could use a different passdb ldap based on local IP,
something like:

local 127.0.0.1 {
  passdb {
    driver = ldap
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-webmail.conf
  }
}
local 10.1.2.3 {
  passdb {