[Dovecot] Error from mobile client (Palm Pre)

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Nov 30 04:36:54 EET 2010

On 11/29/2010 1:21 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 23:48 -0800, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>
>> Nov 27 23:45:07 bubba dovecot: imap(dmiller at amfes.com): Error: FETCH
>> [1.2] for mailbox INBOX UID 10652 got too little data: 0 vs 23553
> You were using SIS, right? This looks kind of like it couldn't read the
> attachment. Can you fetch the message again later? For example:
>
> doveadm fetch text mailbox INBOX uid 10652

Yes, after digging into the man pages (nice job, by the way) I found
that command.  Using that, I was able to find that message, and delete
it - which made the problem go away.  For a moment - now I see it again
on another account.  I have not yet deleted THAT problem message.  What
can I do to further help diagnose this?

Also - can you do anything with doveadm to make it responsive to
"Control-C"?  Just so when a complete idiot, who looks a great deal like
my reflection, types something like, "doveadm fetch -A text *" and hits
a 20k+ mailbox, with attachments...  I had to go in on another tty
session to "kill -s 9 <doveadm-pid>"
--
Daniel