[Dovecot] Feature request - statistics for the COMPRESS imap protocol

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Oct 1 21:39:03 EEST 2010

  On 01/10/2010 18:34, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 18:16 +0100, Ed W wrote:
>> Unless I have failed to read the manual for the second time in two
>> days (?), it doesn't seem to be possible to get COMPRESS statistics at
>> logout time from the IMAP protocol?  Assuming not, then can I make a
>> feature request that this might become available in some future version
>> (pretty please?)
> So, you mean the byte counts or compression percentage?

Byte counts both compressed and uncompressed would be favourite!
(However, I expect there would be at least one person on the world who
wants to see a ratio though, so I guess there is a case for adding such
a variable if you were in that piece of code...?)

My use is more bandwidth monitoring, so I want to see bytes used/saved, etc

Thanks for listening

Ed W