[Dovecot] deliver and time

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Tue Oct 5 00:14:18 EEST 2010

  On 10/4/2010 2:53 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 4.10.2010, at 20.35, Rick Romero wrote:
>
>> What I don't understand is why the timestamp would be different with deliver.   What's odd is that the time in the filename itself appears correct.   Weird.
>>
>> I'm calling deliver from procmail like so:
>> #|/usr/bin/env -i HOME=$DOMDIR /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver
> deliver doesn't change the file's mtime, it just uses whatever time OS assigns it (or NFS server). I don't know if vdelivermail explicitly changes it. You could strace both and grep for "utime" from the output. And you could check what the timestamp is if you simply do "echo>  foo" in the NFS mount.

I already 'touched' a file, and it looked fine, and for giggles I did
what you suggested and the times are correct.  Only using 'deliver'
results in a GMT time.

I just tried it from the command line - and from command line the time
is written correctly, but not when called from procmail.  *sigh*

Thanks