[Dovecot] Custom Flags

qmail at top-consulting.net qmail at top-consulting.net
Tue Oct 5 16:39:53 EEST 2010

I have modified my delivery agent to deposit files in my Maildir
already containing custom flags.

For example, x is appended for files that are sent from local users, y
is for e-mails from Contacts and z is for e-mails from Whitelisted
sources.

A file will thus be delivered in the Maildir and be called something
like: filename:2,yz

Also in the Maildir I created a file called dovecot-keywords and have
added these 3 flags in there as so:

#cat dovecot-keywords
23 Local
24 InContacts
25 Whitelisted

I went ahead and erased all the dovecot-uid* dovecot.index* files but
Dovecot won't recognize the flags - furthermore, it labels z as
'unknown-25'! - for both old messages or new messages. Here is a bit
of IMAP conversation:

a02 select inbox

* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft unknown-25 Whitelisted )
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft
unknown-25 Whitelisted  \*)] Flags permitted.

a03 SEARCH KEYWORD Whitelisted

* SEARCH
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft unknown-25
Whitelisted  Whitelisted)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft
unknown-25 Whitelisted  Whitelisted \*)] Flags permitted.
a03 OK Search completed (0.004 secs).

a04 SEARCH KEYWORD unknown-25

* SEARCH
a04 OK Search completed (0.004 secs).

I know for sure there are files with the z letter in their name in the
Inbox. What is going wrong ?