[Dovecot] migrate machines and upgrade

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Oct 8 21:53:21 EEST 2010

  On 10/8/2010 12:37 PM, William Blunn wrote:
> On 06/10/2010 22:18, Donny Brooks wrote:
>> dovecot-2.0.1-1_118.fc13.x86_64 installed from atrpm rpm file
>
> 2.0.1?
>
> It seems strange to go with an old point version. Would you not be
> better off with 2.0.5 ?
>
> Though the latest FC13 binaries I could find were for v2.0.4 to be
> found at
>
> http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/f13/dovecot/
>
> Bill
I just installed the newest version for what I could find for the distro
I am running. I don't think the version matters much at this point
though. I am mainly focused on trying to migrate the mail to the new
server. I don't want to have to upgrade the OS on the existing machine
and THEN upgrade dovecot to do an "in-place" migration. Since we are
currently on Fedora 11 on the old machine I would have to upgrade to at
least Fedora 12, but then why mess with 12 when 13 is current and then
14 is out in about 25 days?

It boils down to, I just need to figure out how to make the migration
work between the two machines and nothing i am trying is working
properly. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Donny B.