[Dovecot] ATTN: David Miller Re: Config review (2.0.5)

Jerrale G jerralegayle at sheltoncomputers.com
Mon Oct 11 00:57:54 EEST 2010

>  On 10/7/2010 8:16 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>> Since I have these performance problems after migration to 2.0.5 I'm
>> publishing my config for review. Can anybody spot any obvious signs of
>> trouble?
> <snip>
>> # plugin Konfiguration
>> plugin {
>>
>> # mailboxen anlegen und subscriben
>>    autocreate = Trash
>>    autocreate2 = spam
>>    autocreate3 = Sent
>>    autocreate4 = Drafts
>>    autosubscribe = Trash
>>    autosubscribe2 = spam
>>    autosubscribe3 = Sent
>>    autosubscribe4 = Drafts
>>
>> # FullTextSearch
>>    fts = squat
>
> I'm probably talking out of the wrong hole again - but have you tried
> removing squat from your plugin list to see if it makes a difference?
Daniel Miller,

Please do not get all defensive when someone asks why they're having
performance issues. You act like he said "Because of dovecot, i'm having
POP3 or IMAP performance problems". He only said he noticed a change
since going to 2.0.5. You could have suggested to try disabling all the
plugins and then enabling each one until he notices a huge performance
decrease, using whatever he was using to benchmark, instead of
ignorantly implying he should have already known to do so.
--
Thanks for contributing,

Jerrale G.
SC Senior Admin