[Dovecot] Samba4 Active Directory and Doveadm

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:13:35 EEST 2010

 When executing: doveadm search -A mailbox INBOX from SOMEBODY
I am getting:
doveadm(root): Error: user root: Invalid settings in userdb: userdb
returned 0 as uid
doveadm(root): Error: User lookup failed: Invalid user settings. Refer
to server log for more information.
doveadm(bin): Error: user bin: Couldn't drop privileges: Mail access for
users with UID 1 not permitted (see first_valid_uid in config file).
doveadm(bin): Error: User init failed
doveadm: Error: Failed to iterate through some users

hosts =FQDN
base = dc=example,dc=com
ldap_version = 3
user_attrs = =homeDirectory=/home/vmail/%d/%n,
=mail=maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n, uid=vmail, gid=vmail
user_filter =
(&(objectClass=person)(|(mail=%u)(sAMAccountName=%u)(userPrinicipalName=%u)))
# For using doveadm -A:
iterate_attrs = uid=samaccountname
iterate_filter = (objectClass=person)

I can receive email and login just fine. The problem is when doing
doveadm stuff. I do not know ldap (learning as I go). I need to set the
uid/guid to vmail (500 in this case if vmail can't be used).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not have sfu or rfc2xxx
enabled as this requires changing things with Samba 4 that I would
rather avoid at the moment.

Thank you for any help,
Trever
--
"Virtue does not always demand a heavy sacrifice -- only the willingness
to make it when necessary." -- Frederick Dunn