[Dovecot] Pigeonhole feature request: automatically copy sieve_global_path (default script) to user's sieve_dir

Jerrale G jerralegayle at sheltoncomputers.com
Tue Oct 12 06:47:24 EEST 2010

  We have used the great managesieve you have merged together, with
sieve, to create pigeonhole. However, when a user creates a custom
script through a GUI of ours, the default, as we expected, would be
ignored. Maybe you could add a retain_sieve_global=yes|no setting OR be
more complex by having the sieve_global_dir copied to the users
sieve_dir on first managesieve script save, if another setting to do
this was set to yes. This way the administrators can create a skeleton
directory and the users can retain the default skeleton settings.

Maybe, in the future, you can do, just like the master auth for logging
into users' imap accounts, you could have the master=yes allow login to
each user's managesieve.

Just some suggestions but, until a new feature comes around, I will have
a cron job or a imap-login script do the trick. Timo has said that you
are a separate developer from dovecot. I just want to thank you for the
great job on sieve as well,

Kudos,

Jerrale G

--