[Dovecot] strange behavior with virtual accounts and imap

Mon Oct 11 23:48:38 EEST 2010

Here, this sounds like info@ is a 'list'...

> Users download their mail via Outlook (2003, 2007)
> with imap.

IMAP protocol is where mail is stored on the SERVER... yes, when an IMAP
client connects, a COPY is downloaded locally for reading, but the
server retains the main/working copy.

> If someone downloads email send to info and delete it after that.
> Outlook stoke the message and doesn't delete it immediately, thats
> normal. But if later someone else downloads his mail and it have
> received the same letter to info. The message appear as if it's
> already deleted by that user. But is supposed to be unreaded. I cant
> find any info why is this happening. Please help

It sounds like all of them are simply talking to the same IMAP account
(info@) - in which case, that's the way IMAP works. If multiple people
are connecting to the same account (or shared folder) over IMAP, and one
person deletes a message, it is deleted for all...

Sounds like you want POP accounts, not IMAP...

--

Best regards,

Charles