[Dovecot] Problem with dovecot-acl was not solved

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 14 20:27:55 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 17:11 +0400, dss wrote:
> Problems with acl in dovecot-1.2.15 was not solved! See my configs below.
>
> And I see the new bug - still something wrong with configs:
> cat dovecot-acl:
> user=t1 lrwsti

> User t1 can't create subfolers in inbox. He can only create subfolders in the first levels:

Creation rights are taken from parent mailbox's 'k' right. Above I guess
is dovecot-acl to INBOX. So because user=t1 doesn't have 'k' right
there, he can't create anything below INBOX.

> Folders test3 and test4 can't be deleted by t1 - why? Owner of the test3 and test4 - annother user, but but with group rights everething is fine.

Deletion right is 'x', which is taken from the mailbox's ACLs (not
parent's).

> User operdss also can create folders in the same level with such permissions. What's wrong?

I'm not completely sure what you mean by this. These are symlinked
mailboxes, so Dovecot treats them as if they were user's own mailboxes.