[Dovecot] Retrieving unread message count

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 18 17:13:45 EEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 21:11 -0700, Brandon Davidson wrote:

> It looks like draft-ietf-morg-inthread-01 dropped THREADROOT/THREADLEAF
> which is too bad. It would be really nice to be able to do something like:
>
> s01 SEARCH RETURN (COUNT) THREADROOT INTHREAD

Yeah, I was almost going to suggest that first.

> It looks like it's still pretty much a work in progress, but are you
> planning on implementing any more of the INTHREAD stuff?

Maybe some day..

Anyway, the main problem with THREADROOT was that it's possible to have
a thread in THREAD reply that has an invisible root message (2+ messages
have the same In-Reply-To: header but the parent doesn't exist). So it
wouldn't really have worked the way you wanted anyway.