[Dovecot] anti-spam+anti-malware suggestions

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Thu Oct 21 17:18:46 EEST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 21:52:38 +0800
Denny Lin <dennylin93 at hs.ntnu.edu.tw> articulated:

> Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. A better solution would be to check
> the rDNS or SPF record and do sender verification if it doesn't match.

Actually, "SPF" has been going out of vogue for awhile now and sensible
mail admins do not make accept/deny decisions entirely on pass/fail of
SPF tests. Many SAs are finding it causes more problems than it solves.
When added to the fact that its use is by no means universal, its
continued use is seriously in doubt. In other words, "Use at your own
risk." There are, as has been pointed out, better methods available.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net

"The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby
causing no more war."

	George W. Bush
	October 3, 2000
	Boston, Massachusetts. First Presidential Debate