[Dovecot] v2.0.6 released

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 23:52:55 EEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/dovecot-2.0.6.tar.gz
> http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/dovecot-2.0.6.tar.gz.sig
>
>        * Pre-login CAPABILITY includes IDLE again. Mainly to make
> Blackberry
>          servers happy.
>        * auth: auth_cache_negative_ttl default was 0 in earlier v2.0.x, but
> it
>          was supposed to be 1 hour as in v1.x. Changed it back to 1h.
>          If you want it disabled, make sure doveconf shows it as 0.
>
>        + dbox: Added support for saving mail attachments to external files,
>          with also support for single instance storage. This feature hasn't
>          had much testing yet, so be careful with it.
>        + doveadm: Added import command for importing mails from other
> storages.
>        + Reduced NFS I/O operations for index file accesses
>        + dbox, Maildir: When copying messages, copy also already cached
> fields
>          from dovecot.index.cache
>        + mdbox: Added mdbox_preallocate_space setting (Linux+ext3/XFS only)
>        - Maildir: LDA/LMTP assert-crashed sometimes when saving a mail.
>        - Fixed leaking fds when writing to dovecot.mailbox.log.
>        - Fixed rare dovecot.index.cache corruption
>        - IMAP: SEARCH YOUNGER/OLDER wasn't working correctly

And I am the 2nd person ever to run dovecot-2.0.6 after Timo!!

Running on my brand new PC-BSD-8.1 amd64 server after a successful compile
with mbdox.

PS: Timo, in the options shown when one runs the configure script, should
the dbox option be removed?

[root at gw] ~wash/Tools/Dovecot/dovecot-2.0/dovecot-2.0.6# ./configure --help
| grep dbox
                          (maildir mbox dbox mdbox cydir)

For the fun of it, i used --with-storages="maildir mbox dbox mdbox cydir"
(not intending to use all, but just to see) and this led `make` to fail with
something about dbox, so I simply removed it and got a successful compile.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,