[Dovecot] Problems converting to maildir with dsync in 2.0.6

Nicholas Riley njriley at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 22 04:49:22 EEST 2010

In article <njriley-5CB377.20303521102010 at news.gmane.org>,
 Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu> wrote:

> I'm trying to convert from an old Dovecot (1.0.15) and mbox to a new
> Dovecot and maildir.  I'm running into several problems with dsync which
> are causing my mboxes not to convert.
>
> If I use LAYOUT=fs (as I'd prefer) I get an error because I have a
> mailbox called "subscriptions", and none of my messages convert.  Is
> there a way to get dovecot to put its own metadata in dotfiles instead?
> (I guess I can rename my mailbox too :-)

OK, I found in the source code that I can use SUBSCRIPTIONS=... to fix
this, although oddly enough I don't see a file being created now.  (This
might be documented in http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation or
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir...)

So now I get the same crash as before with LAYOUT=fs, and my
mail_location:

mail_location =
maildir:~/Maildir:INBOX=~/Maildir/INBOX:LAYOUT=fs:CONTROL=~/Maildir/.dove
cot:SUBSCRIPTIONS=~/Maildir/.subscriptions
--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>