[Dovecot] anti-spam+anti-malware suggestions

Dmitri V. Ivanov dima at intex.spb.ru
Fri Oct 22 19:01:35 EEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 05:58:46AM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> It was donated to me, and by default the community, by an anonymous
> poster to the spam-l mailing list, quite some time ago.  We were having
> a discussion about blocking dynamic/generic rDNS hosts.  Many of us were
> using really coarse regexes that others felt would catch alot of ham
> sources instead of just broadband/dynamic bots.

Some of my friends prefer way to put dynamic hosts (and hosts which don't
provide real domainname/IP literal with HELO/EHLO) into graylisting. This
way gives some failover to mistakes within list of dynamic hosts and there
is no conflict with large mail systems which sends outbond mail from
different hosts (they moustly have reverse DNS records not matching lists).

Sorry for offtopic.