[Dovecot] fallocate and glibc 2.10

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Oct 24 23:22:20 EEST 2010

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:26:51 +0100
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 24.10.2010, at 20.16, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> >> A lot of code just to work around a bug that apparently only exists
> >> in Ubuntu 9.10 and Fedora 11. Is there a reason for anyone to be
> >> actually using either of them? I was thinking about just ignoring
> >> this problem.
> >
> > Don't know about Ubuntu but Fedora 11 is already EOL'ed so there's
> > no need to fix it for that. Didn't realise that glibc 2.10 was that
> > rare.
>
> So how did you notice this problem then, and do you really care if I
> fix it? :)

I noticed it because I build dovecot packages for lots of Fedora and Red
Hat releases, including some EOL ones
(http://mirror.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/) and the 32-bit Fedora 11
build fell over due to this problem.

I'm not too bothered if it doesn't get fixed as clearly I'm able to
work around the issue. Currently I'm using the patch I posted earlier
as that was an "upstreamable" fix but I'll probably end up with a
quick, simpler hack specific to Fedora 11 32-bit if you decide not to
fix it.

Paul.