[Dovecot] add basic systemd support to dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 25 19:47:20 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 22:54 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> What I wanted to ask the list for now is if such a patch is wanted,
> and to get feedback on how things are done in it, and what should be
> improved in it. [2] and [3] might be useful reading while looking at
> the patch.

You can simplify the environment preserving with these changes:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/e0a97842182f
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/d1fd5b84d410

> +if HAVE_SYSTEMD
> +dovecot_SOURCES += sd-daemon.c
> +noinst_HEADERS += sd-daemon.h
> +endif

I don't think this is portable. You could do it instead like:

if HAVE_SYSTEMD
SD_SOURCES = sd-daemon.c
endif

dovecot_SOURCES = \
	$(SD_SOURCES) \
	..

noinst_HEADERS = \
	sd-daemon.h \
	..

I don't think there's any reason to put sd-daemon.h behind "if".

> +        AS_HELP_STRING([--with-systemdsystemunitdir=DIR], [Directory for systemd service files]),
> +        [], [with_systemdsystemunitdir=$($PKG_CONFIG --variable=systemdsystemunitdir systemd)])

Is this a common name for this option? If not, I'd prefer a shorter
name.