[Dovecot] Corrupted transaction log file

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Wed Oct 27 15:56:46 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 23:52 -0200, Andre Nathan wrote:
> They're not happening all the time. It showed up two or three times in
> the logs during the night.

A few errors of this kind appeared in the logs last night. The "Log
synchronization error" appears more frequently than "Corrupted
transaction log file", but I assume the former is a consequence of the
latter.

This really seems to be related to the shared accounts. Our load
balancer makes no attempt to send the same users to the same server; it
just sends connections based on server load. This allows two
simultaneous connections to access an account, one on each server. Given
a distributed FS, this should be OK, right? At least in theory it's no
different than two CPU cores accessing the same account in a single
server.

Best regards,
Andre