[Dovecot] [OT] dovecot appliance

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 12:22:40 EEST 2010

--- On Thu, 28/10/10, Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am reading the mailinglist for a long time now, and there
> was a thread i believe called webgui or something.
> In this thread there was a company i believe german, that
> was working on a dovecot appliance with a web based gui to
> administrate a dovecot mail server.
>
> The problem is i did not save the URL of that company.
> Does anyone know which company make the appliance.
>
> Or does anyone knows a good webbased tool for dovecot.
> The reason is that in a windows environment, with only a
> few FreeBSD machine's , my collega's get frustrated if they
> can not use a mouse.
> They even want a mouse on there smartphone's  :D
>
> I am doing the administration of the mail server, but when
> i am not there, it would be nice if they can do things them
> selves.
>
> thanks for your time.
>
> regards,
> Johan Hen

Hi Johan,

Don't know of a german company, but I can tell you that I am more
than happy with Horde :

http://www.horde.org/webmail
http://www.horde.org/horde

There's lots of configurable stuff there and you can do whatever you
want with it, as long as you have LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP), you
can use any SMTP/IMAP combo you like.
For IMAP I use dovecot (naturally).

HTH,

Best regards,

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
 - Vangelis