[Dovecot] Can you POP a specific folder in Dovecot?

Peter Reinhold peter at reinhold.dk
Thu Oct 28 18:04:03 EEST 2010

Someone wrote (Probably you), and the time was 14:23 28-10-2010

>Though this is of course "Paradigm error" or "Trying to ice-skate up hill".
>If you want to access folders, then use IMAP.

This might be, but I like to be able to access my mail via webmail
during the day, and then pop it to my local computer when I get home.

Being on a couple of medium to high traffic mailinglists, and you
quickly loose overview when in the webmail, and thats when its nice
to be able to file the mails into folders.

While you may not agree on the practice, it has worked pretty well
for me the past many years, and i'd like to continue doing so, even
on a new mailserver (and Dovecot has many nice features that my old one didn't)

Kind Regards,
Peter Reinhold  - peter at reinhold.dk

--
QOTD : <gh-kh>
        .. Jan, Thomas, Mario, Niels og Peter, Tengslemark lyng - 1998