[Dovecot] Released Pigeonhole v0.2.1 for Dovecot v2.0.4

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Oct 28 21:49:37 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 10:24 +0200, Juan C. Blanco wrote:
> On 27/10/2010 20:16, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 19:05 +0200, Juan C. Blanco wrote:
> >> I've dounloaded the archive for pigeonhole, once decompressed:
> >>
> >> If I do:
> >> ./configure --with-dovecot=../dovecot-2.0.5
> >> make
> >>
> >> All seems to work fine
> >>
> >> But if I do (like the atrpms package spec):
> >> autoreconf -ifv
> >> ./configure --with-dovecot=../dovecot-2.0.5
> >> make
> >>
> >> I get the error:
> >
> > I checked the pigeonhole specfiles at ATrpms, but could not find any
> > such call, the %build part has been
> >
> > %build
> > ## crude hack ...
> > #./autogen.sh
> > %configure --with-dovecot=%{_libdir}/dovecot \
> >    --with-managesieve=yes \
> >    --enable-header-install=yes \
> >    INSTALL_DATA="install -c -p -m644"
> > make
> >
> > for quite some time now.
> >

> Thans, I've seen so, but I have a question does not will be necessary to
> do it?, the configure was generated by a version of autoconf newer than
> the one in CentOS and dows not it may cause problems to use it as is.

It doesn't matter, autotools, the collection of autoconf, automake,
libtool and gettext are only needed when preparing the sources for
shipping, e.g. they are (normally) not needed for builds. Normally means
unless you change any configure.ac, Makefile.am, *.m4 files that these
tools need as an input for generating the build system files.

So you don't need to run autoreconf. But if you do need to run it (which
I also had to yesterday while chasing for a bug), you sometimes need to
nuke away some files, especially if your autotools are older that the
authors', so try

rm -f m4/lt* m4/libtool.m4 build-aux/ltmain.sh
autoreconf -fiv
./configure ...

And that should work on CentOS5. But as said, you don't need it. I added
the two lines above in the latest dovecot-pigeonhole rpm (commented) to
allow future users to easily enable rebuilding of the autotools bit.

Also note that there are fresh rpms for CentOS at ATrpms. :)
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/