[Dovecot] LDAP acl_groups - can multivalue LDAP be used

ian+dovecot@comtek.co.uk ian at comtek.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 02:57:41 EEST 2010

Hi,

Is there some kind of way to get acl_groups out of LDAP without having
to maintain an entry with a list of groups 'a,b,c' and so on?

Our groups have a list of 'member' attributes with CNs pointing at
users. Ideally there would be a way to look this up directly.

Alternately I could perhaps use an OpenLDAP overlay to show 'group'
attributes for each user's ldap entry. I would then like to be able to
tell it to get all 'group' attributes and comma-separate them.

The best option I've seen so far is something like
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-March/047731.html which seems
to involve a completely separate LDAP session from a login script.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ian