[Dovecot] Lazy expunge plugin - delete folder result error.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 1 19:38:25 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 13:15 -0700, Kui Zhang wrote:
> >> when try to delete the same folder again.
> >>
> >> Server Responded: "NONEXISTENT] Mailbox was deleted under us"
> >
> > This is still a bug .. I'll see about fixing it.

With the bug I meant only the above error.
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/eecc2fda78c1 fixes that.

> Based on the doc here we should be able to use mixed storage types
> mbox maildir etc

You can, but you can't rename mailboxes across different storages (which
is what mailbox deletion does with lazy-expunge enabled). There's no way
to do that operation easily and I think it's better to disallow that
operation completely.

> I have mail_location dynamically set in the database....we only
> convert few user to mdbox to start with. So mixed storage would be
> nice.

You can specify lazy-expunge location also dynamically in the database
then, right?

This should fix it: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/75611e9088b6