[Dovecot] Segfault on dovecot 2.0.1 w/ACLs

Michael M. Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Thu Sep 2 01:02:11 EEST 2010

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 23:17 -0600, Michael M. Slusarz wrote:
>> 5 LIST (SUBSCRIBED) "" (*) RETURN (SUBSCRIBED)
>> * LIST (\Subscribed) "." "INBOX"
>> [...]
>> * LIST (\Subscribed) "." "Mileage Plus"

>> 0x00007ffff6d0cd61 in ?? () from
>> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib01_acl_plugin.so
>> (gdb) bt full
>> #0  0x00007ffff6d0cd61 in ?? ()
>>     from /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib01_acl_plugin.so
>> No symbol table info available.
>
> I couldn't reproduce this. I guess it requires some specific config. Can
> you get bt with debug symbols and/or give full doveconf -n output?

I think this probably has something to do with the fact that my
namespaces were broken after I upgraded.  These namespaces were broken
because doveconf didn't import my dovecot v1 config correctly.

With this input:

-----

namespace private {
   separator = .
   prefix =
   location = maildir:~/Maildir
   inbox = yes
}

namespace public {
   separator = .
   prefix = "#shared."
   location = maildir:~/mboxtesting
}

-----

And running: doveconf -n -c dovecot-1.conf > dovecot-2.conf
(as found at http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.0)

Results in the following:

------

# 2.0.1: dovecot-1.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.35-ARCH x86_64
namespace {
   location = maildir:~/mboxtesting
   prefix = #shared.
   separator = .
   type = public
}

namespace {
   location = maildir:~/mboxtesting
   prefix = #shared.
   separator = .
   type = public
}

-----

And, thus, both namespaces have the same prefix:

* NAMESPACE (("" ".")) NIL (("" "."))

So doveconf wasn't quoting the prefix value correctly in the converted
output.  Not sure if you want to put a check/warning somewhere if
namespaces have the same prefixes.

michael