[Dovecot] nfs director

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 3 13:28:22 EEST 2010

For those that are worried about the md5 hash sending out most users to 1 server and thus loadbalancing badly. This doesnt seem to be the case. I just pointed one of our test webmail environments to a director cluster
(2 director servers behind a foundry, pointing to 2 real imap servers), and this is what the load spread was after a few minutes:

imapdirector1:/usr/home/cor# doveadm director status
mail server ip                           vhosts users
194.109.26.171                              100   698
194.109.26.172                              100   701

It doesnt get any better. It looks like Timo's choice of hash is spot on.

Regards,

Cor