[Dovecot] dovecot-uidlist: Duplicate file entry at line

Andre am at am.cx
Fri Sep 3 17:51:29 EEST 2010

Il giorno 03/set/2010, alle ore 16.44, Timo Sirainen ha scritto:

> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 19:21 +0200, Luca Palazzo wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> we are experiencing another strange problem after upgrading to 2.0.1
>> from 1.2.
>>
>> Many people's client aree-retrieving mail from server due to some
>> problem with dovecot-uidlist file.
>> Looking at log file seem that all file content is sometime duplicated
>> and appended to the and of same file.
>> It look as another process was accesing and trying to modify uidlist table.
>
> I've heard of some dovecot-uidlist problems, but haven't really figured
> out anything that could be wrong.. I guess there's no way you can
> reproduce this? Does happen to same user more than once? How many users
> is "many"? Does this happen only/mainly to some specific mailboxes
> (INBOX, Trash)? Does this happen to more than one same user's mailbox at
> the same time? Does this happen to different users around the same time?

I have the same problem, since migration to 2.0.
Mainly it happens on INBOX (well, I’ve only seen this happen on INBOX), but I did not found a way to reproduce it.
It happened to the same user more than once.
I have 15 users.
Only one mailbox a time, well, as I said before it happens only on INBOX and yes, more than one user per time.

>> Our setup has a load balance (dovecot director) and three backend
>> server. All of them use 2.0.1.
>
> How did you do it before v2.0?

I have no load balance, no director.

> The maildir code hasn't changed much since v1.2. Hmm. Except that
> maildir filenames are now tried to be preserved when copying, so copying
> messages elsewhere and back does sound like it could cause this
> (although there is code to prevent it)..

TIA
Andrea Mistrali