[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 2.0, sieve and mdbox

Patrick Westenberg pw at wk-serv.de
Sat Sep 4 17:03:47 EEST 2010

William Blunn schrieb:

> I probably can't help you with this problem, but I can mention that
> oftentimes if you ask about a problem on this list you may be asked to
> provide the output of "dovecot -n".

True words.

# 2.0.1: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 x86_64 Debian 5.0.5
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_verbose = yes
mail_debug = yes
mail_gid = vmail
mail_location = mdbox:~/mdbox
mail_plugins = quota
mail_uid = vmail
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = comparator-i;octet
comparator-i;ascii-casemap fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex
imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date
passdb {
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
plugin {
   quota = maildir:User quota
   quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+50M
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_global_path = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
}
protocols = lmtp
service auth {
     mode = 0666
   }
}
service lmtp {
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0660
     user = postfix
   }
}
ssl = no
userdb {
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
protocol lmtp {
   mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve