[Dovecot] LAYOUT=maildir++ under mbox?

William Blunn bill+dovecot at blunn.org
Mon Sep 6 14:37:46 EEST 2010

Whilst documenting LAYOUT=maildir++ under dbox, that got me thinking:

Can we specify :LAYOUT=maildir++ with mbox?

If I have it right, this should then remove the problem of not being
able to have messages and mail subfolders in the same mail folder.

So for example if we had mail location specified as:

mail_location = mbox:~/mail:LAYOUT=maildir++

we would have files:

~/mail/inbox - file storing messages in INBOX
~/mail/.foo - file storing messages in mail folder "foo"
~/mail/.foo.bar - file storing messages in mail folder "foo/bar"

and I think all of Dovecot's indexes would go under ~/mail/.imap

Bill