[Dovecot] extended search

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 20:13:06 EEST 2010

On 9/6/10 7:06 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 18:42 +0200, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> is it safe to use arg_new_human_date() from
>> src/lib-storage/mail-search-register-human.c instead of arg_new_date()
>> inside src/lib-storage/mail-search-register-imap.c?
> I guess.
>
>> The benefit is ability to use interval based search rules, e.g., SINCE
>> 2days. I run it for couple of days and looks fine, used for virtual folders.
> It's still possible, although less human friendly: "younger
> 172800" (i.e. younger than 172800 seconds).
I tried that, but for some reason it didn't returned proper results
(might have been related to importing the emails to dovecot). Besides
more human friendly, "since" worked fine. Also, younger is for internal
date only, does not work for email's Date header (sentbefore/sentsince...)

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com