[Dovecot] Sub-Sub-Subfolders not shown after converting from maildir to mdbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 8 19:07:01 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 00:54 +0200, Patrick Westenberg wrote:

> I just recognized a problem concerning subfolders after converting from
> maildir to mdbox. Thunderbird and SeaMonkey don´t show folders that are
> subfolders of subfolders.

I remember some people complaining about the same thing with maildir
too. Maybe it happens somewhat randomly.

The other explanation is then that LAYOUT=fs works a bit differently
than LAYOUT=maildir++. You could try if mdbox would work better by
adding :LAYOUT=maildir++ to your mail_location (of course, you need to
change your existing layout to the maildir++ one by e.g. running dsync
again).