[Dovecot] configure error

Andreas Kossack Andreas.Kossack at TU-Cottbus.De
Thu Sep 9 17:17:08 EEST 2010

Hi all,

on my system ("AIX 6.1" with "xlc -q64") the "configure" script for
"dovecot-2.0.2" breaks with:

   checking whether fd passing works... no
   configure: error: fd passing is required for Dovecot to work

in config.log:

   configure:19524: ./conftest
   configure:19524: $? = 1
   configure: program exited with status 1

It seems, that the last changes in "src/lib/fdpass.c" are the reason.
109a110
 >       void *cmsg_data;
132c133,134
<               *((int *) CMSG_DATA(cmsg)) = send_fd;
---
 >               cmsg_data = CMSG_DATA(cmsg);
 >               *(int *)cmsg_data = send_fd;
166a169
 >       void *cmsg_data;
196,197c199,202
<       else
<               *fd = *((int *) CMSG_DATA(cmsg));
---
 >       else {
 >               cmsg_data = CMSG_DATA(cmsg);
 >               *fd = *(int *)cmsg_data;
 >       }

Using the old version (from "src/lib/fdpass.c") make no trouble.

--
	Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
		A. Kossack

  Andreas Kossack                                 Andreas.Kossack at TU-Cottbus.De
  BTU Cottbus, Brandenburg, Germany,         Walther-Pauer-Str.2, 03046 Cottbus
  http://wwwca.telesec.de/cgi-bin/caservice/Common/InstallRoot/DT-Root-CA-2.der

      Diese Nachricht wurde aus 100% wiederverwerteten Elektronen erstellt.