[Dovecot] Pigeonhole proxy errors

Cassidy Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 20:33:52 EEST 2010

I'm trying to upgrade my proxy front-ends to 2.0.2. I have the latest
Pigeonhole release installed, and whenever I connect to the sieve port
this gets logged in the syslog:

managesieve-login: Error: auth: connect(login) in directory / failed:
Permission denied (euid=144(<unknown>) egid=144(<unknown>) missing +x
perm: /, euid is not dir owner)

I dont get any capabilities displayed on the client side.

I'm not sure why it's referring to the '/' directory.   On 1.2.x, I
authenticate the user and proxy to the sieve process on appropriate
users back-end storage node.

Here is the sieve config in my dovecot config file:
------------
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    address = a.b.c.d
    port = 4190
  }

  inet_listener sieve_deprecated {
    address = a.b.c.d
    port = 2000
  }
}
protocol sieve {
  managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
  managesieve_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o
  managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
  mail_debug=no
}
--------

Any help would be great.