[Dovecot] Problem with Sieve Vacation

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 13 18:40:12 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 11:54 +0200, Birger Schacht wrote:

> I have users in ldap and aliases in /etc/aliases and i use postfix.
> There is an alias testuser at hostname for tuser at hostname. When tuser uses
> sieve vacation and uses the :addresses options with his email address
> (tuser at hostname), the response is also sent, if a mail to
> testuser at hostname is sent.
> in the postfix master.cf the line for deliver is
> flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
> ${sender} -d ${recipient} -a ${original_recipient}

Looking at the code.. It checks To: Cc: Bcc: Resent-To: Recent-Cc: and
listed in :addresses is found from any of those headers, it's ok. So one
of those has to match in your system. (Have you checked if
${original_recipient} is tuser or testuser?)

BTW. Stephan, http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Usage is more or
less out of date related to these rules.