[Dovecot] sieve is broken in the latest revision

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Sep 15 14:23:27 EEST 2010

  Op 15-9-2010 13:10, interfaSys sàrl schreef:
>   All the sudden messages filtered by sieve are delivered to folders
> named after the recipient instead of sticking to the rules and
> delivering the messages to the INBOX.
> Is this an intended change?
>
> Instead of
>
> Maildir/.INBOX
>
> it goes to
>
> Maildir/.user at domain.com
Sounds to me like you're using the latest version of Dovecot, but you
didn't recompile Pigeonhole for it. Recently, a field was added to an
internal structure of dovecot-lda that Sieve depends on. I can imagine
that your Sieve is using the -a/-r argument of deliver-lda as an -m
argument now.

If the problem persists after recompiling Pigeonhole you should
elaborate more on your setup. The following information is then important:

- What are the exact versions/revisions of Dovecot and Pigeonhole
(Sieve) you have installed?
- What is your Dovecot configuration (show output of dovecot -n)
- How are messages delivered? Via LDA or LMTP? If LDA: how is it invoked
from your MTA?

Regards,

Stephan.