[Dovecot] dovecot as exchange server?

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Thu Sep 16 12:37:45 EEST 2010

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Am 15.09.2010 13:31, schrieb Jacek Osiecki:

[...]

> >  So, finally - if it is possible to use Exchange protocol, would there be
> >  any plans for implementing it in dovecot?

>  there is no exchange protocol, there ist something like mapi
>  which you use in a windows network beetween outlook and exchange
>  ( and much more stuff exchange uses ...)

... however, somehow gmail provides Exchange interface :) and I'm pretty sure
they are not keeping their mails on Exchange servers...

>  i guess what you want is a solution like outlook/exchange

No, the only thing I need is to simulate an Exchange server, so iPhone
would be able to retrieve all emails instead of "last 200 from INBOX" :)

However, thanks for explaining!

Best regards,
--
Jacek Osiecki joshua at ceti.pl GG:3828944
I don't want something I need. I want something I want.