[Dovecot] moving 1.2.13 system to another hard drive

Paul Scott waterhorse at ultrasw.com
Sat Sep 18 03:15:54 EEST 2010

Hi,

I am not very experienced with Dovecot (1,2,13) installed on Debian sid.

I have just set up a new system on a new hard drive on the same computer.
fetchmail is correctly putting mail in /var/mail/<username>.  I have copied
my entire Maildir directory from the old hard drive.  I have made what changes
I understood to dovecot.conf.

Dovecot was working on the other drive even though I'm not completely sure
how I got it working before.

Any ideas for debugging this certainly simple problem for some of you.

TIA,

Paul Scott