[Dovecot] 2.0.2 : crashes with LDA

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Sun Sep 19 12:54:52 EEST 2010

> Strange, because it is doveconf that is crashing. You mean doveconf -c /etc/dovecot2.conf doesn't crash?
No, it parses the config without errrors as far as I can see (below).
It seems only to crash when called in the contect of the LDA - perhaps a
permission problem that is not handled properly?
On the other side, all config files and the conf.d directory are
readable by everyone, just checked that.
jc

doveconf: /usr/local/bin/doveconf
[root at xxx jc]# /usr/local/bin/doveconf -c /etc/dovecot2.conf &> doveconf.out
[root at xxx jc]# more doveconf.out
# 2.0.2: /etc/dovecot2.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5xen i686 CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
auth_anonymous_username = anonymous
auth_cache_negative_ttl = 0 s
auth_cache_size = 10485760
auth_cache_ttl = 1800 s