[Dovecot] v2.0.3 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 20 18:35:14 EEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 21:57 +0200, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

> > The <file works with all settings, not just ssl_*. So the only way would to
> > add some special code just for these SSL settings, which feels annoyingly
> > ugly.
>
> From a programmers view of point certainly, but it's something
> students and
> even myself run in all the time setting up Dovecot.

There's also the problem that by the time it's reading '<' it doesn't
know if it's ok to ignore it:

ssl_cert = <foo
ssl = no

And worse, if I added code to check ssl state at the time of parsing '<'
it could hide errors:

ssl = no
ssl_cert = <foo
ssl = yes

And maybe even more realistically:

ssl = no
ssl_cert = <foo
local imaps.foo.org {
  ssl = yes
}

So the only reliable way to handle it would be to remember the error and
keep going forward and later check and possibly report errors depending
on the ssl state.