[Dovecot] tags disappear in Thunderbird

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Tue Sep 21 11:56:27 EEST 2010

Iv Ray wrote:
> We have -
>
> Dovecot 1.0.15 (the default on Debian Lenny stable) Thunderbird
> 3.1.4

< snip >

> Would suggest not following the Debian Lenny stable version
> (1.0.15), but compiling the current stable Dovecot?

The Debian backports service can update your version to Dovecot
1.2.13, since you are using Lenny/Stable.

The backports service is described here:

> Debian Backports

> "The website [1] and the mirror moved to
> http://backports.debian.org/ and the archive is now available below
> debian-backports/. Even though we expect the old entries to
> continue to work for a while, you might still want to update your
> sources.list entry to:
>
> deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports lenny-backports
> main contrib non-free
(careful with the line-wrap, there, include a <sp> before 'main')

> or one of the mirrors[2] that do carry the backports archive."

> http://backports.debian.org/

I'm not sure whether a newer version than 1.2.13 runs on Debian Lenny
without other new libraries etc, so we, also, would be interested to
hear about later versions installed on Lenny.  Especially, if existing
mail is unaffected (we use Maildir but comment on any mail storage
experience would be valuable).

regards, Ron