[Dovecot] Dovecot with Virtual Domains

Edmonds Namasenda namasenda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 18:14:32 EEST 2010

Charles, I am new to this v2.*
I was used to a different layout for v1.* and that is why I am here.

Basically, I am starting from scratch.
I have untarred v2.0.2, ran *./configure --with-sql=yes --with-mysql* , *
make* , *make install*.
Before after that, I could find my files in /usr/local/etc/ which is not the
case now. The files are in /usr/local/etc/dovecot/ and
/usr/local/share/doc/dovecot/

I have copied the *example-config*s to /usr/local/etc/dovecot/ but literally
every change I make as of v1.* is not valid. I wish to use protocals IMAP &
POP3 then authenticate with shadow and passwd for system users and mysql for
the virtual users.

There is not much I can do or lie to you.

# Edmonds

--
Thank you and kind regards,

I.P.N Edmonds
ICT Practitioner & Consultant

Cel:    +256 (71/70) 227 3374 (Uganda)
        +257 79 11 2998 (Burundi)

P.O. Box 22249, Kampala UGANDA

Y! / MSN: zibiced | GMail: namasenda | Skype: edsend

COMPUTER NETWORKS: WIRELESS; CABLED; VPNs | UNIX SERVERS: MAIL; FILE; PROXY;
WEB; VoIP | WEBSITE DESIGN: STATIC; FLASH; DYNAMIC | CREATIVE GRAPHICS &
IDENTITY MANAGEMENT | I.T SUPPORT & CONSULTANCY | ANTI-VIRUS