[Dovecot] Support for spaces in plaintext passwords?

Simon teb.gbpribq-nob at zxz.se
Wed Sep 22 13:29:12 EEST 2010

Hi!

I have problems with my cellphone. It does not seem to quote the strings
to the login command.

I can logon using ie SquirrelMail but if i try to login using AndroidMail
it just says "autentication failed". If i try maualy i get similar
results.

Changing password for test to "password-"

a login test password-
a OK Logged in.

Changing password for test to "password "

* OK Dovecot ready.
a login test password    #here i type "password ", but without ""
a NO Authentication failed.

Uppon examining squirrelmails comunication it sends
login "test" "password "

I will of cause file a bugreport that Android Mail should use quoted
strings when using 'login' autentication as per rfc2060 (which seems to
allow it but not demand it).

But i wonder if it is possible to work around this issue in Dovecot somehow?