[Dovecot] Vpopmail support broken

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 22 19:21:46 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 10:41 -0500, Matt Brookings wrote:

> We have not received any reports for the 5.4 or 5.5 branch of vpopmail
> causing crashes in Dovecot.  That being said, if there is a problem,
> we would like to provide a fix.

I guess the problem started when people started trying vpopmail 5.5:

http://markmail.org/message/ylt62t2yyqqfc7dg
http://markmail.org/message/ykb7qujikzlsvvbe
http://markmail.org/message/3cjscs7wgvbj65dw

I tried to fix 5.5 with this change:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/597e18c0bc7e

But I heard that it's now crashing when doing that call. (I'm not sure
which ones of those above problems are with this change and which ones
aren't.) And apparently that also completely broke 5.4.

I'm not entirely sure about 5.4 problems. I think I remember someone
saying that even when reverting the above change it didn't work.

> Removing the "vpopmail support broken" line from the configure script,
> compiling and running seemed to work short-term.  I was able to
> authenticate against the vpopmail plugin.  I tested with vpopmail
> 5.4.32 and 5.5.0 using the cdb authentication module.

I guess the problem is with MySQL.