[Dovecot] Sieve error on Quota full (Dovecot 2.0.3)

Cassidy Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 03:53:58 EEST 2010

> I don't think quota full should be logged as an error.. Without Sieve
> this is logged:
>
> Info: msgid=unspecified: subject=: save failed to INBOX: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
> Info: msgid=unspecified: subject=: rejected: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
>
> Also when this happens, does quota_full_tempfail setting work as
> expected?

I haven't tried the quota_full_tempfail yet, because a lot of these
are just accounts that haven't been used forever and have gotten full
of spam and I dont know if I'd prefer tempfailing them to just
bouncing.

Most of these accounts in question just have a simple .dovecot.sieve
script generated by roundcube that only has "/* empty script */" in
it. I assume that's why sieve is responding at all with a "failed with
unsuccessful implicit keep".

Any chance sieve can just not worry about processing anything if
there's nothing but comments in the .dovecot.sieve file? :)

-c